Have you ever been confused about when enough is enough? When you should work on something and when you should let go?
Guess what, you are not alone! It can definitely drive you a little nuts to keep guessing on what to do next. It can be a project, a dream, a paper, a friendship. How do you resolve the issue about if you are giving up too soon or when is it time to move on?
Here are some questions that you can ask yourself.
1. Are you truly interested in the project, the dream, the friendship?
2. Have you really put in real effort to get it off the ground?
3. Is it something that you think you “should” do or is it a vision or dream that you have a lot of passion about?
4. Did you get some consultation on how to move it forward?
5. and last what would happen if you gave up on it?
The reality is that all projects, dreams, and relationships take work. They don’t happen in a vacuum. They take time, energy and effort to build them.
There is a time when you should keep pushing and working on the project, and sometimes you need to let it go. Maybe you are too busy with other important things in your life that are keeping you from this particular piece of work. It is ok then to let it go, knowing you can come back to it at a later time.
The main thing is to pay attention to what your emotions, intellect, body and spirit are trying to tell you. At the end of the day you want to feel good that you gave what ever needed your attention, your best shot.